We’re looking for a Senior Videographer / Editor!
Are you ready to capture compelling narratives through the lens and weave them into powerful messages? We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented Senior Videographer/Editor to join our VVK PR + Creative team. This position will be 50% shooting, 40% editing, and 10% project management.
- Conceptualize, film, and edit video content that aligns with each project’s vision and goals.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop scripts, shot lists, and storyboards.
- Utilize cutting-edge filming techniques and video equipment to produce exceptional visual content.
- Direct shoots and provide clear guidance to on-screen talent and crew members from behind the lens.
- Capture clean audio with lavalier and shotgun microphones.
- Transport and effectively utilize grip and camera equipment as needed. Edit footage to create cohesive and impactful narratives, including sound mixing, dialogue correction, graphics, and minor visual effects.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure projects meet and exceed expectations.
- Organize and manage video libraries and archives.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in videography and editing.
- Ability to travel out of state for up to 3-4 days at a time as needed.
- Ability to work independently on projects from start to finish.
- Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects.
- Comfortable working in a team setting – giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to change and shift with our client’s creative and logistic needs.
- Proven experience as a Videographer/Editor with a rich portfolio of completed projects.
- Proficiency with digital cinema cameras, lighting, and sound equipment. ,
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.Strong storytelling abilities with a knack for capturing engaging visuals.
- Excellent communication and direction skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail and an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work.
- The ability to fly a drone is a plus.
ABOUT THE TEAM
VVK PR + Creative is a full-service integrated communications agency based in downtown Detroit. VVK (formally Velocity Cow) brings decades of strategic communications and creative production experience to media, automotive, energy, insurance, IT, legal, nonprofit, retail and real estate industries. We provide clients and partners with communication solutions that advance their brand and connect with their audiences. VVK is currently growing its 19-person team. We are a flexible hybrid workplace although the candidate must be local to the metro Detroit area.
WORKING AT VVK PR + CREATIVE
- We want the VVK team to be successful and have a healthy work/life balance and commit the following to our team:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement to help all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Generous new business commission.
- 75% coverage of Health and 50% coverage of Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums for employee and family
- 401K enrollment offered after 90 days of employment
- A flexible hybrid workplace
- $50 monthly cell phone stipend
- Generous paid time off including “closing” the office the last week of December
- 8 paid holidays
To be considered, you MUST provide a link to relevant video portfolio or reel showcasing shooting and editing work to be considered for the job. Please send resumes, cover letter and portfolio to John Heiple, VP of Creative Video Production, at email@example.com.