WE’RE HIRING A VIDEO EDITOR AND MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
VVK PR + Creative is seeking an Editor/Motion Graphics Designer for their video production department. You will collaborate with producers and clients to deliver everything from short-form commercial/marketing projects to long-form storytelling. We also require someone with a strong eye for graphic design as you will also be asked to make need to make modern typography decisions and have a keen eye for graphics.
If you have print and web design skills too, that would be very appreciated.
ABOUT THE TEAM
VVK PR + Creative is a full-service integrated communications agency based in downtown Detroit. VVK (formally Velocity Cow) brings decades of strategic communications and creative production experience to media, automotive, energy, insurance, IT, legal, nonprofit, retail and real estate industries. We provide clients and partners with communication solutions that advance their brand and connect with their audiences. VVK is currently growing its 13-person team and 20+ client portfolio. We are a flexible hybrid workplace.
The Editor/Motion Graphics Designer role will have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Edit videos and design graphics within tight deadlines.
· Contribute creative ideas for video projects that will help elevate client brand and messages.
· Analyze workload and tasks to accurately estimate turnaround times.
· Create animated graphics packages including lower thirds, animated logos, transitions and end graphics.
· Work with producers to develop the visual and narrative direction of a project.
· Edit video content to high standards with an understanding of pacing, audio mix, color grading, and tone of the final piece.
· Follow notes and directions from the client and internal teams.
· Work independently on several projects at the same time effectively.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate should have the following skills, education, and experience:
· Compelling portfolio that demonstrates a high level of design, layout, typography, and animation
· Desire to learn.
· Visual design aptitude, in relation to individual client brand management.
· Expert level in Adobe Creative Suite (with focus on Premiere, AfterEffects) and a working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Ability to work independently on projects from start to finish.
· Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects.
· Comfortable working in a team setting – giving and receiving feedback
· Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· Ability to change and shift with our client’s creative and logistic shifts.
WORKING AT VVK PR + CREATIVE
We want the VVK team to be successful and have a healthy work/life balance and commit the following to our team:
· A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
· A competitive salary with opportunities for commission
· 75% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
· Generous paid time off including “closing” the office between Dec. 24 and Jan. 1
· 10 paid holidays
You MUST provide a video editing and design reel to be considered for the job. Thank you.